From an interview with Tikkun on-line
"An Evangelical Coup in America's Military"
Posted Friday, August 03 2007 @ 08:08 AM PDT
But this is not a Christian-Jewish issue.
This is a Dominionist Christian versus the Constitution issue.
It’s not a political spectrum, Left or Right issue, it’s a Constitutional right or wrong issue. I speak to many of them who are Dominionist Christians—they reach out saying Mikey, what are you doing? You’re from a military family, you’re a Republican, why are you fighting us? Mikey, if you had the cure for cancer, you’d want to give it to our troops as well.
They don’t even think—and I want to reach out to them, I do—I want to reach out and feel the lobotomy scars. These people, when they make that statement, don’t even stop to think that they’re calling every other religious faith—including still the majority of Christendom—that their views are cancer.
And they’ll say to me, “Mikey, Jack Benny, Dr. Seuss, Einstein, Gandhi, Anne Frank, those two million children that you talk about, Mikey, that were under the age of twelve, that died in the Holocuast—don’t you understand, Mikey, they’re all burning eternally in the fires of Hell and we don’t want this to happen to you, you and your family, and the members of our Marine Corps, Navy, Army, and Air Force.”
My response to them is, very simply, this: I, Mikey Weinstein, would give my last drop of blood and my last breath to support your right to believe that. Moreover, my three children who wear the uniform of the U.S. Armed Forces, all of them lieutenants, all of them Air Force Academy Grads, one of them Christian, my daughter-in-law, my two sons Jewish, I would commend them to give their last drop of blood and their last breath to support your belief that those two million children are lit up like Fourth of July Roman candles in Hell perpetually. Because that’s your right as an American to believe that. But I will NOT do that when my government tells me who are the children of the greater God, and who are the children of a lesser God, been there, done that, seen the train leave the station, over and over and over and over again. It goes to one town—Slaughterville. Because we don’t end up with little creeks, rivers, streams, ponds and lakes, we end up with oceans and oceans of blood, generally beginning with Jewish blood. I don’t care if they’re the most assiduously religious, Orthodox Jew, or you’re a completely atheistic Jew. Jews, whether we like it or not, tend to be the miner’s canaries for the morality of the communities in which we live. That is to say, that when we begin to asphyxiate, there is a serious problem, Houston.
Pentagon: Hold On, Christian Soldiers!
To read more of this vital issue and struggle start at the Military Religious Freedom Foundation web site.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment